Connecting with local services
Family Connect and Support (FCS) is funded by the NSW Government and helps vulnerable children, young people and families to connect with local support services. FCS assists children, young people and families experiencing life challenges to access specific and appropriate support services in their local communities and minimise the impacts from escalating to a point of crisis.
Family Connect and Support is a free service supporting children, young people and families with life challenges including but not limited to:
- Parenting challenges
- Financial stress
- Substance use
- Family dynamics and breakdown
- Housing issues
- Mental health concerns
- Domestic and family violence
Through an initial consultation, we get to know you and your individual circumstances. We welcome families from all cultures and backgrounds, lands, and communities.
We will also provide:
- Referrals to Indigenous-specific services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young peoples and families where appropriate and possible
- Feedback pathways for callers and services as part of continuous quality improvement at both a service and system level
- Support developing a stronger regional network of non-government, government and individual service providers who can meet the needs of families.