Career opportunities to make a difference
Working for us means being part of a great team of passionate and friendly people. We have a genuine passion for creating a just society where every Australian can live their best life.
We work to create a best (work) life for our employees, because that means even better experiences for our clients.
Living your best work life
It’s challenging to be on the frontline of shaping a just society and making sure everyone can live their best life, so we look after our team so that you in turn can look after yourself and the people who need you.
Our best work life commitment includes:
- A range of benefits packaged to meet your needs
- Celebrating everyday moments and big achievements
- A commitment to innovation and listening to new ideas
- Creating a sense of belonging – we bring the whole person to work
- Embracing people from all walks of life and all abilities
- Helping you see the real impact you make as you help your clients shape their own best life.
See current opportunities here.
Step by step through our recruitment process
We love to see people being successful. Here’s some tips on understanding our recruitment process:
- Jobs are advertised via the Job Board
- Applications are submitted online
- Use your CV to paint a picture of what you’ve done, who you’ve worked with and what you achieved
- Including a covering letter with your CV is a great way for us to get to know you a bit better
- You can also include a link to your LinkedIn profile on your application.
After your application
- We may call you to ask more about your application
- We have 2 rounds of interviews.
- We’re big on stories - we want to hear why you want to work in this industry, what makes your day and times when things didn’t go to plan
- Our frontline roles include a ‘day in the life’ preview of a client engaged with our service so you understand what your working day could look like
- Ask us questions too - think about what you want to know to make sure we are the right fit for you.
- We ask you for two professional references (1 must be from a direct supervisor)
- We may also ask you to provide a Working with Children Check, Police Check and other probity checks.
Interested in volunteering?
Read more about the volunteering process and opportunities on our volunteering page.
The Benevolent Society Enterprise Agreement is available here