A just society where all Australians can live their best life.
Since 1813, our history reflects a passion for helping people live life their way and we remain committed to pursuing this.
With our belief that everyone deserves to live their life their way combined with our principles and values, we are guided to reach our vision and leave a positive impact on the lives of our clients and their carers.
- We work towards reconciliation with First Nations Peoples
- We believe change is possible when we work together with our clients
- We use our skills, voice and resources to reduce disadvantage and work for a just society
- We are creative, efficient, resourceful and effective in the pursuit of social impact
- We work in and through communities to improve the welfare of individuals and families
- We are brave innovators who will always pursue social change
We are ethical, trustworthy and responsible. Those who come into contact with us will experience us as open, just and reliable.
We show regard and appreciation for all people from all walks of life and honour human difference and diversity.
We work jointly with others. We believe that together we can tackle the things that prevent communities and society from being caring and just.
We are focused on, and accountable for, performance and outcomes. Our efforts are directed at reaching and fulfilling our Vision.
We are hopeful that even the most complex issues can be solved and we work towards the best possible results for clients and their communities.
Our 2022-2024 Strategic Plan
The Benevolent Society's Strategic Plan sets out our direction for 2022 - 2024.
Building on our long experience and established strengths in supporting people, families and communities, our vision is to grow and develop The Benevolent Society in a way that enables us to anticipate and overcome the challenges of the future. We want to work together with corporate, government and philanthropic partners to build shared vision and action to alleviate disadvantage and exclusion in the Australian community.
Underpinning our plan are four pillars. They are the foundation for our organisation's activities and put a strategic frame around the work we have done for many years.
Our four pillars:
- Deliver person-centred services
- Influence Social Change
- Achieve growth for impact
- Build a thriving organisation
Download our Strategic Plan 2022 - 2024