A helping hand after adoption
We support children, parents and families affected by adoption through groups, support, counselling and advice.
Counselling, groups and practical support
Support after adoption for individuals, couples and families includes:
- Group meetings and workshops for people affected by adoption and their families
- Information on finding out about an adoption and searching for a child, parent or sibling
- Sharing experiences, asking questions and accessing books and resources
- Intermediary services for anyone who needs support or assistance to contact birth relatives
- Post-adoption counselling for children, couples and families
- Family records and search advice, information and guidance
- Referrals to government agencies and specialist adoption services that can help find the information you need
- Help to respond if a birth relative wants to make contact with you.
It's OK to need support to prepare for the decision, discuss expectations and what type of communication you'd like to have.
Get in touch or call 1800 236 762.
Please read the Apology for Past Forced Adoption Practices made in 2011 and the Scarba House History and Apology made in 2004.
This service is available across all NSW and QLD.
Call 1800 236 762 for more information.