For parents and children needing a break during school holidays, The Benevolent Society runs a highly-popular School Holiday Program.
The program offers a range of fun, interactive play opportunities designed for children of all ages to be happy, active and engaged, allowing parents to continue working or enjoy some well-deserved downtime.
Children will over time:
- Independently participate in the play and art activities to develop their imagination, cognition and fine motor skills.
- Be able to develop their social skills which will enable them to develop friendships.
- Gain confidence to see engagement from peers to be able to complete group based tasks.
- Independently participate in gross motor skills with intern will improve overall fitness.
- Engage in positive communication with peers and teachers throughout the day.
Where and when?
The program is currently run at Melrose Park, Salisbury, Kadina and Port Pirie sites and includes days both within the centre and days out in the community.
Programs may include day trips to the movies, art classes an many other fun activities.