Innovative mentoring for girls
iMatter is an intensive mentoring program aimed at young girls (7+) living in Claymore NSW and runs over a six-year period.
iMatter’s goal is to provide a safe environment that delivers guidance from a trusted source to build resilience, confidence and a sense of self-worth at a young age, so that these girls are equipped to face the challenges of adolescence.
The program works with 15-20 young girls and their families. The content of the program will evolve over the 6 years to meet their developmental and individual needs.
iMatter has 3 core components:
- One-on-one work with the young girl in a weekly program
- One-on-one support facilitation for the whole family
The program is delivered weekly during term time over 2.5 hours on a Friday afternoon. A holiday activity is scheduled during each school holiday period.
The program measures its progress against 5 outcomes:
- Increased physical exercise
- Increased access to knowledge and information around nutritional and other health needs
- Increased access to mentors and safe adult relationships
- Increased knowledge in regards to making positive relationships
- Increased self-awareness
If you wish to support the iMatter mentoring program, please donate today. Your donations will make a real difference to the lives of these young vulnerable girls. We thank you for your support.