To make our services more accessible and readily available so you can reach your goals and live your life your way, we now have a dedicated specialist team offering speech pathology, dietetics, occupational therapy and behaviour support through Telehealth services. For Telehealth services, you can use your NDIS plan.
Telehealth means that you can receive the services listed above by phone or online. Telehealth can take place in different formats depending on what technology is available to you and what you feel comfortable with.
For more information, download the Telehealth Services Factsheet.
For more information, download the Telehealth Services FAQs.
Accessing services through Telehealth will provide you with the following:
- Improved access to services
- Reduced waiting time for services
- Improved continuity and frequency of service supports
- Combined telehealth and in-person services with the support of an Allied Health Practitioner who is supervised by telehealth practitioner
- Quick and responsive service
- No travel costs* (applicable to Telehealth Services only)
- Increase in therapy hours with the support of an Allied Health Assistant
To apply for or refer yourself or someone you care about for this service, please complete the Disability Referral Form and select 'Telehealth' under 'Preferred Method of Service Delivery' on this form.