- Full-time positions based in Hurstville
- Salary beginning at $79k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible, friendly organisation, Hybrid work options available
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of carers across Australia? The Benevolent Society is excited to announce the growth and expansion of our Carer Gateway Program, and we are looking for dedicated individuals to join our team. The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: children, young people, and their families; First Nations Australians; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
We are committed to supporting carers and enhancing their quality of life. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team, as we work together to make a meaningful difference in the lives of carers. Caring for a loved one is important work. Some days caring brings great joy, but some days it can be lonely or a little overwhelming. No matter how you feel today, our Carer’s Gateway will be just a phone call away. Carer’s Gateway is an initiative to provide carers with information, support, counselling, and coaching. Click here to find out more about Carer Gateway!
- Assess and investigate the needs of the carer to point them in the right direction.
- Work collaboratively in a fast paced environment with great negotiation skills
- Develop initial service plans in collaboration with the carer, medical and allied health professionals and referring agencies as appropriate, ensuring it meets the carers needs, goals, preferences and eligibility.
- Think outside the box and use your skills and knowledge to navigate your way seamlessly through our funding systems.
- This service is predominantly a phone based service where you will connect and make a positive impact in our carers lives that will last a lifetime!
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours, hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
Skills and Experience
We want you to be successful in your new role! This means you’ll have:
- Experience as a Case Manager, Support Coordinator or Social Worker
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Strong commitment to customer service and finding solutions to meet client needs
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), and LGBTIQ+ communities
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong emotional intelligence and the ability to create an experience where a caller quickly feels heard and comfortable, often at a time when the caller may feel emotional, confused or frustrated navigating systems they may not understand in time of emotional stress
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
Have any questions? Please contact Vale Leyshon 0406384998 for a friendly, confidential discussion.