- Full time position based in Acacia Ridge
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: children, young people, and their families; First Nations Australians; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
This role is positioned within our Long Day Care centre which is collocated with our Early Years Centre, a hub for families offering health services, playgroups, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to all families accessing our service.
About the role
As our Early Childhood Teacher, you will plan, develop and evaluate a high quality play based program which incorporates the needs of individual children and groups to optimise their learning, wellbeing, and safety. You will evaluate children’s readiness for school, identify strategies and provide support to children and parents where appropriate.
- Plan, develop and evaluate programming for children that is reflective of evidence informed practice and meets the needs of individual children and groups within the Centre, including children with support needs and cultural diversity
- Build positive and respectful relationships with children, their families, and the wider community
- Support room staff in their daily work to enable the effective provision of services across the day
- Be part of a team that prides themselves on positivity, as well as a professional and inclusive team culture and community in which everyone has a voice.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees + more!
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
Skills and Experience
As an experienced Early Childhood Teacher, you will have:
- Bachelor of Teaching or Education (Early Childhood)
- Experience developing and evaluating curriculum and pedagogy which incorporates innovative practice
- Ability to have supportive and respectful conversations with colleagues and families to collaborate on an individual learning program for each child.
- Good time management skills, including the flexibility to adapt as the daily environment changes
- Commitment to lead intentional critical reflection to continually build practice and outcomes
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
Have any questions? Call Fiona on 0488 088 618 for a friendly discussion.