- Identified Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander role
- Full time position based in Hurstville
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: children, young people, and their families; First Nations Australians; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
Your new role
The Benevolent Society (TBS) is seeking two experienced and passionate First Nations Partnership Development Officer (Identified) roles to build genuine and trusted partnerships with First Nations organisations, communities and leaders across the Sydney metropolitan and Illawarra regions.
The First Nations Partnership Development Officer will work within the Carer Gateway team, and in collaboration with the Business Development and Partnerships team, to support increased understanding of and access to the Carer Gateway and other services provided by The Benevolent Society for First Nations people in the Sydney and Illawarra regions.
The positions will support the development of networks in targeted communities through a variety of activities including:
- Coordinate and attend meetings with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Organisations
- Attend local interagency meetings, networks and community partner events
- Facilitate community consultation and advise on the development of culturally appropriate information
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated relationships with community and business leaders in the Sydney and/or Illawarra regions.
- Recognition from within the community as a respected, culturally safe person
- Demonstrated experience in First Nations partnerships and track record of development and achievement of successful partnerships outcomes
- Has the ability to develop effective new networks and productive relationships with community, organisations, agencies, government, and other stakeholders.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with the capability to motivate and engage stakeholders
- Current driver’s license.
Contact Michelle Williams on 0408 242 879 for a friendly, confidential discussion