- Casual positions available. This role requires you to travel in and around the Tamworth area
- $31.87ph - $33.96ph including casual loading + Super
Looking for a flexible new career opportunity in health care? Well say no more because aged care is where the heart is!
We are seeking passionate home care workers to provide support to older clients living in the community, helping to maintain their independence and improving their quality of life.
The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: children, young people, and their families; First Nations Australians; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
- In home personal care, daily living assistance including showering, personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, laundry & ironing
- Providing care in accordance with their individualised Care Plan
- Supporting with community based recreational and social activities
- Transportation and assistance with shopping and appointments
- Work/Life balance - flexible hours
- Paid travel time - get paid for your travel time between clients
- Job experience & Professional Development- thriving industry with a constant need for dedicated workers, long term growth and development are strongly encouraged and supported
Skills and experience
You will be passionate about assisting older people to remain independent and have:
- Great people skills to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- Reliable and committed to provide quality care to ensure our clients remain living in their own home
- A current driver’s license, your own vehicle and a willingness to travel to client homes within the area
- Flexible working hours
- A flexible working approach in offering choice to our clients
- Certificate 3, 4 or diploma in Aged Care, Home Care, Disability or similar
Apply online today!
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
Have any questions? Contact Amanda on 0466 737 479 for a friendly conversation.
The Benevolent Society respects and promotes human rights and diversity and is committed to building an inclusive culture. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members. We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability, please get in contact to let us know how we can accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.