- Full time permanent position based in Capalaba & Loganholme
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, Hybrid work options available
About this role
Family and Child Connect services have been established across Queensland to support families who are at risk of entering or re-entering the child protection system. FaCC are local, community-based services that help families to care for and protect their children at home, by connecting them to the right services at the right time. Broadly, the FaCC service will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, determine an appropriate referral pathway for the family to help them achieve their goals, and follow up with services to ensure successful engagement. Typically, FaCC engage with families on a short-term basis (6 weeks).
We are seeking a Domestic and Family Violence Specialist (internally recognised as a Child & Family Practitioner) in our multidisciplinary team, working alongside case workers to undertake risk assessment and provide effective, flexible, and holistic intervention to families experiencing domestic violence.
- Raise awareness of the nature and impact of domestic and family violence
- Domestic and family violence screening and risk assessment
- Specialist advice and assistance to team and inquirers
- Advice on safe engagement strategies
- Assist with assessment of client needs
- Assist with support and referral planning and decisions
- Efficient time management and organisational skills to balance competing demands and provide timely responses to clients
- Attend relevant High Risk Team meetings and DFV stakeholder meetings in the catchment Liaise with key stakeholders and agencies including QPS, Courts and specialist DFV services
- Share relevant information and participate in the professional development of the team (mentoring staff, seconding home visits, delivering information sessions to staff)
- Where required, hold a small case load of high risk DFV cases
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours, hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
Skills and experience
- A relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in social work, community services or similar
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience providing direct case work and intervention to parents and children affected by trauma, domestic violence, mental health, or other forms of adversity using a strength based, therapeutic approach
- Trained in Safe & Together highly regarded
- Ability to assess risk, experience in using risk assessment tools and developing appropriate safety plans
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice response to domestic violence including use of exclusion orders, DVOs, etc
- Current drivers licence essential
The Benevolent Society respects and promotes human rights and diversity and is committed to building an inclusive culture. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members. We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability, please get in contact to let us know how we can accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.