- Full time position based at our National Office in Glebe
- $74k - $79k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
About the role
As our Community Services Consultant, you will be the first point of contact for all current and potential clients of The Benevolent Society including our older clients, people with disability, and children and families. You will be apart of our Support Centre which assess and directs incoming calls to our organisation to help connect clients to much needed services.
Being the voice of our organisation, we are looking for a compassionate person with a genuine desire to help others who can turn a challenging interaction with a confused or frustrated caller into a great experience where the client instantly feels heard and understood.
- Assess client eligibility and suitability for our services
- Identify risks and vulnerabilities and connect caller to internal and external specialist teams based on their needs
- Assist callers in navigating Government funding systems (NDIS, My Aged Care)
- Conduct referral/intake support all while providing a calming and informative customer experience
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours, hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III or IV or a Diploma In aged care, community care, disability services, community services or related area such as psychology/counselling/mental health or social work will be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the sector and Australian Government funding bodies (NDIS, My Aged Care, child & family services) will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience working in health or community services and call centers is preferable
- High level of emotional regulation and agility, compassion and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Technologically savvy with the ability to navigate across multiple computer systems, and multitask effectively in high stress situations
Apply online today!
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
Have any questions? Please contact Aashish on 0422 038 386 for all enquiries.
The Benevolent Society respects and promotes human rights and diversity and is committed to building an inclusive culture. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members. We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability, please get in contact to let us know how we can accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.