- Part time (4 days) permanent role based in our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
Women deserve to heal from trauma particularly domestic violence and be empowered to make positive safe and informed choices.
Your new role:
You will support women and their children through counselling to strengthen their relationships and begin to heal from the trauma of their experience. You will be supporting families that have experienced domestic violence, sexual assault, abuse, bullying and other forms of vulnerability and disadvantage. Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will undertake an initial assessments; provide high quality counselling, psychotherapy, case management, and therapeutic group work.
We use a trauma informed, strengths based approaches and an integrated, wrap around service model.
The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
What you need to succeed?
- You will have at least 3 years experience working with families who have experienced domestic violence and trauma in a counselling setting (counselling both adults and children/young people).
- You will have a strong understanding of attachment and the impacts of adversity on children’s developmental outcomes and relationships.
- A trauma informed strengths based approach to working with clients using a range of modalities to suit the needs of the family.
- A clear understanding of child protection and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way
- Relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in counselling, art therapy, social work or other related discipline.
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Michelle on 0411547738 to discuss the role in more detail.