- Full time position based in Hurstville, NSW
- $66k - $72k inclusive of super + $15 900pa Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, Hybrid work arrangements available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. Our vision is for a just society where all Australians can live their best life. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
About the role
Our Fostering Young Lives (FYL) team provides children in out of home care with the opportunity to thrive. We support them, their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
As our Support Worker, you will support the Case Managers by contributing to the development of case plans and support children to achieve outcomes in their case plan.
- Contribute to the development of client plans and support interventions with the support of senior staff.
- Support Case Managers and other senior staff to coordinate contact visits, contact schedules, conduct contact visits and complete contact visit reports, as required
- Provide transport for clients and carers, for example to appointments, school, or to contact visits.
- Coordinate special events and programs such as school holiday programming, groups and Christmas parties, in consultation with the Team Leader.
- Provide other administration support for the team as required, e.g., meeting records and developing correspondence.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours, hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
Skills and Experience
- Cert III or IV in a welfare related field or completing your Degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Knowledge of and at least 12 months experience working with children and families with complex needs
- A good understanding of child protection and child development
- Highly trustworthy with excellent interpersonal skills
- Great communication and documentation – the evidence trail is important
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
The Benevolent Society respects and promotes human rights and diversity and is committed to building an inclusive culture. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members. We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability, please get in contact to let us know how we can accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.