- Full time position based in Acacia Ridge
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. Our vision is for a just society where all Australians can live their best life. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
This role is positioned within our Early Years Centre, a hub for families offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
About the role
As our Early Childhood Teacher, you will plan, develop and evaluate a high quality play based program which incorporates the needs of individual children and groups to optimise their learning, wellbeing, and safety. You will evaluate children’s readiness for school, identify strategies and provide support to children and parents where appropriate.
- Plan, develop and evaluate programming for children aged 0-5 that is reflective of evidence informed practice and meets the needs of individual children and groups within the Centre, including children with support needs and cultural diversity
- Oversee the opening and closing of the Centre each day.
- Support room staff in their daily work to enable the effective provision of services across the day
- Coordinate student placements, liaise with student supervisors and supervise students from universities, registered training organisations and TAFE
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
As an experienced Early Childhood Teacher, you will have:
- Bachelor of Teaching or Education (Early Childhood)
- Experience developing and evaluating curriculum and pedagogy which incorporates innovative practice
- Ability to have supportive and respectful conversations with colleagues and families to collaborate on an individual learning program for each child.
- Good time management skills, including the flexibility to adapt as the daily environment changes
- Commitment to lead intentional critical reflection to continually build practice and outcomes
Call Fiona Hartley on 0488 088 618 to discuss the role in more detail.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.