- Full time position based in Loganholme/ Capalaba covering the Beenleigh/Bayside catchment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants encouraged to apply.
- $86k - $92k inclusive of super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. Our vision is for a just society where all Australians can live their best life. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Family and Child Connect is a community based intake and referral service, established across Queensland to support families who are at risk of entering or re-entering the child protection system and to help families to care for and protect their children at home.
About the role
Your role will provide quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect Service, through assessment, information and advice, recommendations and referrals to appropriate support services.
- Conduct initial assessments via phone or face to face contact of a families strengths and needs;
- Identify and make appropriate referrals to relevant services;
- Support at risk families to access appropriate supports to improve family functioning and child wellbeing.
- Assess and report child protection risks for families to Child Protection Service;
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the community if necessary;
- Keep accurate and timely documentation of all client interactions and related tasks
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have a relevant tertiary degree and:
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues & client vulnerabilities, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and LGBTIQ + communities
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast paced environment, ever changing environment
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Current driver’s license
Apply online today!
Contact Jessica Woods on Jessica.Woods@benevolent.org.au for a friendly confidential discussion
Internally this position is called Child and Family Practitioner