- Full time position based at Hurstville
- $86k - $92k inclusive of super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. Our vision is for a just society where all Australians can live their best life. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
Our Family Partnerships Team sits within our Fostering Young Lives program where we carry out restoration/viability assessments with parents, Kinship assessments, Provisional assessments, Guardianship assessments, General Foster Care assessments and support the process of restoration for children, birth parents and carers, under the legislative Permanency Principles.
About the role
As our Assessor, you will utilise a number of strength-based frameworks and risk assessment models to work intensively with children, families and carers in identifying and meeting their support needs whilst in out of home care or for the safe return of the child or young person to their family unit.
Working holistically, your role will encompass a number of key areas: supporting and assessing the viability of parents to have their children restored to their care; completing kinship assessments in the attempt to maintain children and young people to remain within the family; supporting the family following restoration; working with foster carer applicants and assessing them as General Foster Carers or completing Guardianship assessments with existing carers in meeting the Permanency goals of children in their care.
- Working in partnership with case management teams you will ensure family placement options are explored as kinship assessments are completed
- Ensure the foster carer recruitment and on boarding process meets the current program needs and the carer applicant experience is engaging and supportive
- Support foster and kinship carer applicants throughout the rigorous assessment process with coaching, training, and providing information to carers and other practitioners to access wrap around services
- Work in partnership with case management to oversee respite carers and respond to child placement requests in a timely manner
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager, you will:
- Have a minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families addressing child protection concerns or within OOHC identifying and managing risk through trauma informed practice
- Have sound knowledge of child protection, client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development.
- Have strong analytical skills, including the ability to openly communicate and challenge worries, concerns and identified risk.
- Have experience utilising evidence based practice models of intervention. Full training on the model and services is provided as part of the program onboarding.
- Hold a current driver’s licence
Contact Team Leader Kristel Smith on 0481 455 617 for a confidential discussion