- Full-time position based at our National Office in Glebe
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
- Competitive remuneration + Salary Packaging
The Benevolent Society supports Australians by offering integrated support services for children, young people, families, people with disability, older Australians and carers.
We work across Australia, nationally through virtual service delivery and in person in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD. We work with thousands of people every day, to help them feel valued, cared for and understood.
About the role
The purpose of the Data Specialist role is to ensure the ongoing integrity, design, maintenance and management of The Benevolent Society database platforms and data warehouse, ensuring the performance and security of all data encompassed within the core business applications.
- Oversee the design and development of our data warehouse pipelines, ETL to pull together information from different source systems for organisational reporting and other requirements
- Design and create new application databases and environments in collaboration with the Application team, while ensuring change management processes are followed at all times.
- Build and maintain appropriate tools (data and metadata load scripts) as required to manage DBA processes and ensures sufficient licenses are issued and managed which adhere to vendor licensing requirements.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify and resolve problems and/or deficiencies with enterprise performance. Streamline existing processes for efficiency improvements.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will be degree qualified with 5+ years of experience as either a Data Analyst or Data Specialist
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (Stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes and constraints)
- Experience working in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with ETL tools (SSIS)
- Experience in Operational Data Stores and Data Mart design
- Familiarity with BI tooling and Big Data architecture
Contact Rashmi on 0415 60 5860 for any enquiries.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.