- Full time position based at our Long Day Care at Acacia Ridge
- TRP $66k - $72k + Salary Packaging
- Flexible friendly organisation
The Benevolent Society supports Australians by offering integrated support services for children, young people, families, people with disability, older Australians and carers.
We work across Australia, nationally through virtual service delivery and in person in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD and we work with thousands of people every day, to help them feel valued, cared for and understood.
Our Early Years Centre at Acacia Ridge is a hub for families offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
About the role
As our Lead Educator, you will work as a team of 3 educators to provide an active play based learning environment that builds agency and is responsive to children’s strengths, interests and curiosity.
- Coordinate and ensure the delivery of an engaging, reflective, inclusive daily program including supervising educators, preparation and setup of indoor and outdoor areas
- Work closely with the Early Childhood Teacher or Child Development Specialists to contribute to the development of effective programming for individuals and groups
- Guide reflective practice sessions for educators
- Coach, advise and provide on the job support to team members to improve their skills and knowledge in the delivery of programming to improve client outcomes
- Engage in community initiatives designed to connect with parents, carers and the community, for example, parent information sessions and community events
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
As a Lead Educator, you will have:
- Diploma in Children’s Services or Early Childhood Education with experience in a similar role
- A sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and innovative practice
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong respectful relationships with people from all walks of life
- Good time management and organisational skills including the ability to be flexible
- Experience developing a rich curriculum and up to date pedagogy
- Commitment to lead your own intentional reflection to continually build practice and outcomes
Interested? Apply online today!
Contact Fiona Hartley on 0488 088 618 for a friendly confidential chat.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.