- 12 month full time contract based in Hurstville (some travel required to Illawarra area)
- $73k - $78k inclusive of super + salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH options available
Caring for a loved one is important work. Some days caring brings great joy, but some days it can be lonely or a little overwhelming. No matter how you feel today, our Carer’s Gateway will be just a phone call away. Carer’s Gateway is an initiative to provide carers with information, support, counselling, and coaching.
Your new role
As our Client Support Partner – Young Carers, you will work closely with carers aged (under 25 years old) who support a loved one to receive assistance they desperately need. Young Carers can find it hard to do well at school, make and maintain friendships or even to go out and socialise. This is where you will play a crucial role in their journey.
- Build rapport and connect with our Young Carers to find what their wants and needs are.
- Complete an assessment and create a plan which addresses the young carers' needs and aspirations. It may include emergency help i.e. respite, counselling, coaching, peer support etc.
- Facilitate Young Carer Peer to Peer Support Groups face to face and online
- Look for opportunities to bring Young Carers together to share experiences and build supportive connections
- Contribute to quarterly Young Carers newsletter
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders e.g. schools, TAFE’s, Universities
- Attend events to promote the Carer Gateway Programs and benefits
Some of our benefits
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is a deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
What we need from you
- You will be experienced as a Case Worker, Case Manager, Support Coordinator or Social Worker
- A passion for helping Carers live their best lives while they support a loved one to have a better quality of life.
- Ability to develop initial service plans in collaboration with the customer, carers, medical and allied health professionals and referring agencies as appropriate, ensuring it meets the customer’s needs, goals, preferences and eligibility
- Strong emotional intelligence and the ability to create an experience where a caller quickly feels heard and comfortable, often at a time when the caller may feel emotional, confused or frustrated navigating systems they may not understand in time of emotional stress
- Ability to connect to young people from all walks of life
- Comfortable working from our Hurstville office
Some evening/weekend work will be required however events are planned well in advance.
Apply online today!
Call Michelle on 0408 242 879 for a confidential chat.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.