- Full time position based in Tamworth,NSW
- TRP $86k - $92k + Salary Packaging (dependent on relevant skills and experience)
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
The Benevolent Society supports Australians by offering integrated support services for children, young people, families, people with disability, older Australians and carers.
We work across Australia, nationally through virtual service delivery and in person in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD. We work with thousands of people every day, to help them feel valued, cared for and understood.
In our Family Preservation programs we support parents and families to raise children in safe and loving environments.
Your new role:
Our Family Preservation programs help strengthen families so children can live safely at home. We deliver voluntary services to families with complex needs and who are at risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
- Use strength-based frameworks to complete assessments the of family strengths and needs
- Develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks
- Use evidence informed practices to assist family’s to achieve identified goals
- Provide intensive home visiting
- Work in partnership with other services to support the family to shape their next chapter
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is a deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
What you need to succeed?
- Degree qualified in social work, early childhood, psychology or similar is preferred, however a Diploma qualification with substantial years of relevant experience will be considered
- At least 12 months case management experience working with at risk children, young people and/or families in a child protection focused role, including experience undertaking comprehensive assessments
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Current driver’s license
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of motivation, professional accountability, integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
Apply online today! Applications close 7th of October 2022. Application reviewed as submitted.
Contact Merryn on 0468 576 775 for a confidential discussion.
*Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.