- Full time role based at our National Office in Glebe
- TRP $ 74k - $79k + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
The Benevolent Society works in partnership with the Commonwealth Department of Social Services, to deliver the National Disability Gateway Services. The Disability Gateway will assist people with a disability, their family, friends and carers, to locate and access relevant services and information across Australia based on their support needs.
About the role
As our Community Services Consultant you will join our team as a central point of contact and entry point for client referrals to disability information, services and programs. You will assess client's eligibility for services, identify risks and vulnerabilities and connect clients to services and information.
- Respond quickly and effectively to consumer enquiries in line with the Support Centre Customer Experience Vision and Quality Framework
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of The Benevolent Society’s services, funding mechanisms including basic eligibility requirements, assessment processes, key contacts and sources of consumer information
- Use human-centered and strengths-based techniques to build relationships with clients and provide accurate and timely advice, information and referrals to external support services and referral agencies in an effortless way
- Follow up referral outcomes and support received by consumers to ensure consumer needs are met and excellent customer service provided
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
- You are a compassionate listener and have knowledge of disability services
- You have demonstrated computer skills including CRM systems
- Certificate III or IV or a Diploma in aged care, community care, disability services, community services or related area
- Experience working in an organisation that provides health or community services
- Experience in either a call centre or high volume call environment
Call Monisha on 0410 404 614 for more information.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.