- Part time (maternity) position until 30 June 2023, based in Claymore
- TRP $74k - $79k pro rata inc Super + $15900 Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation that has assisted people, families and communities to achieve positive change since 1813.
Our Supported Playgroups provide play-based environments for children to thrive, which link families to social and community support systems. Staff at the playgroups act as advocates for children and their families and provide support to enhance family functioning, promote healthy parenting, and boost wellbeing and child development.
About the role
As our Child Development Specialist, you will support programs focused on the educational, social and emotional development of children (0-8) and families. You will join our multi-disciplinary team including Educators, Teachers, Social Workers, Child Health Nurses, Speech Pathologists and Child Psychologists. Our centre has a culture of professional enquiry. Our programs are child-centred and culturally sensitive. Program planning, intake & assessment and case noting will be part of the role.
- Work with clients to develop positive parent/child relationships through role modelling, education and practical support
- Coordinate the delivery of specialised therapy and intervention activities and services with a focus on early childhood education, to assess and support children with emotional, behavioural, psychological or those impacted by trauma
- Through a strengths-based approach, assist clients to meet identified needs
- Plan, develop and facilitate or co-facilitate groups and workshops for clients and other internal or external stakeholders e.g. supported playgroups, parenting programs, child development and child protection screening.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education.
- Experience in targeted early intervention program & supported playgroups
- Experience in Early childhood development with an understanding of attachment
- An in-depth understanding of social and emotional development and a willingness to increase this knowledge
- Must have a license and be comfortable driving TBS vehicles and our transit van
Interested? Apply Today!
Call Kristy on 0420 959 675 for more details.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.