- Part time permanent role (4 days) based in our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown
- TRP $86k – $92k(incl super) pro rata + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation that has assisted people, families and communities to achieve positive change since 1813.
About the role
As our Counsellor - Intake Crisis Domestic Violence, you will support women who have experienced the effects of trauma, domestic violence, sexual assault, grief and loss and other women’s health issues. Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will undertake an initial assessment; provide high quality counselling, psychotherapy, case management, and therapeutic group work. You will provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way.
- Provide face to face and telephone counselling services to people presenting with grief, trauma, identity, relationship, parenting, drug and alcohol, domestic violence and mental health issues.
- Engage clients using appropriate strengths based assessments and risk minimisation processes, including safety planning.
- Provide a range of multimodal interventions from a person centred approach that enhance the resilience and well being of women and their children, young people and families to overcome the effects of social, emotional and behaviour difficulties due to trauma, abuse and other forms of adversity.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
- You will have a relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in social work, psychology or similar and at least 3 years counselling experience.
- Experience working with women affected by trauma, domestic violence, mental health ideally in a crisis counselling capacity (By phone and /or face to face)
- Ability to respond and effectively evaluate the needs of a client who may be in crisis and identify potential referrals that may meet their needs
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way and the flexibility to work across teams using a holistic approach
- Excellent client record keeping skills using an electronic database.
Apply below today!
Call Brenda on 02 4633 3777 to discuss the role in more detail.
The Centre for Women’s Children & Family Health has a commitment to employing women from diverse backgrounds. The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.