- Position available with various shifts at Rosemore Cottage in Monterey, NSW.
- Pay rate is dependent on qualifications & experience
- Flexible friendly organisation maintain work/life balance and tell us what suits you!
Rosemore Cottage offers a unique model of low care emergency and short-term respite,in a home-like environment where support staff are available 24 hours a day. All meals for clients are provided, and staff are on hand to assist with personal care, medication monitoring, domestic assistance, companionship, and social support.
About the role
As a Home Support Team Member, you will support clients with all their needs during their stay. You will provide personal care, meal preparation, companionship, social support, and medication prompting in a way that promotes respect and builds clients independence.
Rosemore cottage operates 24 hours a day.
- Provide personal care services to clients to support their activities of daily living such as support with dressing and general grooming, hygiene and showering
- Provide domestic support services to clients such as meal preparation, housework such as cleaning, vacuuming, washing etc
- Provide transport and social support services such as shopping, health appointments and recreation activities.
- Ensure that appropriate manual handling procedures are followed and equipment such as hoists and lifters are used in accordance with instructions.
Provide physical, social and emotional assistance to consumers that respect their choices and promotes their emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Skills and Experience
You will have a Certificate 3 or 4 in Aged Care or Community Services
- Ability to provide support to older people
- Committed to providing a high level of service to clients
- Experience working in home care and aged care services
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- Be available to work day, night shifts and weekends
- Full training on the job from our high performing and skilled team
- Above award rates covered by our Enterprise Agreement
- Be part of shaping the next chapter for Older Australians
- Flexible work arrangements
Call Shirley Lu on 0449 903 947 for a friendly confidential discussion
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.