- 12 month full time maternity leave coverage (from December 2022 until December 2023) based in Dubbo & Wellington
- TRP $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + $15 900pa Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
Our Kids in Focus (KiF) program is an early intervention program servicing Orange, Wellington and Dubbo. KiF provides support to parents, carers and the children of parents with substance misuse issues.
About the role
As our Case Manager, you will empower parents/carers in Wellington and Dubbo to make different choices, build healthy relationships with their children and improve their parenting capacity leading to safer family environments.
Depending on the family situation’s, this may be providing information, referrals to appropriate services, techniques or tools to re-build the relationships or identifying positive, culturally appropriate supports as part of their safety plan and parenting skills development.
- Assessment, development and implementation of support plans to support the well being of children and build relationships within the family
- Home based parenting education
- Facilitating access to recreational and therapeutic groups for children and their parents.
- Referral to child and family activities to enhance social connection.
- Facilitating access to rehabilitation and information about treatment options for drugs and alcohol misuse
- Facilitating access to children’s services such as child care, playgroups and parent-child programs
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified in social work, early childhood, psychology or similar
- 12 months demonstrated experience and/or qualifications supporting clients in the area of AOD
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), and gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) communities
- Good relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with different stakeholders
Contact Jan McRae on 0424 751 094 for a friendly confidential discussion.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.