Secure your position within our Graduate Pathways Program 2023. Join Us this September!
- Join our established allied health teams where you will consolidate and develop your skills as a practitioner under the guidance of senior practitioners who will provide you with clinical supervision
- You will also benefit from a mix of formal training, on the job learning as you rotate through our various programs and peer support through our communities of practice.
When & Where
The first of a series of Information and Employment event are currently scheduled for the 29th of September at our offices in Glebe and in Adelaide. If you are interested in attending these or future events later in the year, please click on the apply button below to register your interest. You will then be contacted to be invited to attend the next scheduled Information and Employment session.
About the role
The Benevolent Society services a diverse range of clients from paediatric to geriatric with physical or intellectual disabilities, working flexibly either in their homes, community settings or from our clinic spaces.
The Benevolent Society’s Graduate Pathways program is designed to help you apply everything you have learnt during your university education with a focus on high quality formal and informal training through direct supervision, workshops, online modules, mini-rotations and peer support. All the essential elements to translate your knowledge, energy, ideas and motivation into sound practice.
Positions are available across all our disability services in rural, regional & metro hubs in New South Wales & South Australia.
Your pathways journey
Your journey starts with a two-week induction. You are paired with a peer buddy to show you the ropes. As part of the 2023 alumni of graduates who have commenced in this program, you will move through self-guided learning modules to build your skills in engagement, assessment, planning, reviewing & walking with people to live their best lives. You will grow as a practitioner through reflective practice activities & workshops. You will learn about other roles & ways of working through short rotations with other programs & services.
You will benefit from:
- High quality formal supervision for 1 hour per week to provide space for questions and feedback
- Monthly workshops support by our Practice Impact Management team where you will have the opportunity to develop relationships with peers, build your knowledge and reflect on your learning
- Rotations within other areas of our organisation to build your knowledge, create connections with colleagues outside your hub and have exposure to a wide range of skills and programs
- Designated buddy to help you settle in and connect with your peers
- Monthly learning modules and workshops to expand your knowledge base and expose you to other disciplines
- Paid study leave and access to external training/ study opportunities
Why work with us?
We support people to live their best life. That includes you! You might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements + laptop & mobile provided to work remotely + purchase 2 weeks additional leave per year
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees + fitness passport
- Professional development- monthly Communities of Practice- share experiences with your peers and find positive solutions + leadership training opportunities & regular clinical supervision
- Relocation assistance! Visit our Careers page to find out more
Who are we looking for?
- Newly graduated or in your final year of study
- AHPRA registration or eligible for it
- Passionate about supporting people with a disability to achieve their goals
- Honest and who carry out their role with integrity and demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation
- Effective time managers to ensure they can meet client goals and performance expectations
- Current driver's license (pool cars provided)
Please apply to register your interest!
If you would like to know more