- 12 month full time contract based in Hurstville (some travel required to Illawarra area)
- $73k - $78k inclusive of super + salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
Caring for a loved one is important work. Some days caring brings great joy, but some days it can be lonely or a little overwhelming. No matter how you feel today, our Carer’s Gateway will be just a phone call away. Carer’s Gateway is an initiative to provide carers with information, support, counselling, and coaching.
Your new role
As our Client Support Partner – Peer Support, you will work closely with carers who support a loved one to receive assistance they desperately need. Your role will enable and facilitate opportunities for carers to meet with other carers in the local community in a safe and supportive environment.
- Connect with our Carers, complete an assessment and create a plan which addresses the carers' needs and aspirations. It may include emergency help i.e. respite, counselling, coaching, peer support etc.
- Collaborate and work closely with the team to create a safe space for our Carer's to connect and share their journey with each other.
- Co Ordinate support sessions for carers both online and face to face
- Facilitate Peer to Peer Support Groups face to face and online
- Look for opportunities to bring carers together to share experiences and build supportive connections
- Attend expos and local community days to promote the Carer Gateway Programs and benefits
- Attend over night workshops that focus on providing carers with strategies and support regarding their caring roles.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is a deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
What we need from you
- You will be experienced as a Case Worker, Case Manager, Support Coordinator or Social Worker
- A passion for helping Carers live their best lives while they support a loved one to have a better quality of life.
- Ability to develop initial service plans in collaboration with the customer, carers, medical and allied health professionals and referring agencies as appropriate, ensuring it meets the customer’s needs, goals, preferences and eligibility
- Strong emotional intelligence and the ability to create an experience where a caller quickly feels heard and comfortable, often at a time when the caller may feel emotional, confused or frustrated navigating systems they may not understand in time of emotional stress
- Ability to connect with people from all walks of life
- Comfortable to lead carer peer support groups
- Comfortable working from our Hurstville office
Some evening/weekend work will be required however events are planned well in advance.
Apply online today!
Call Michelle on 0408 242 879 for a confidential chat.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.