Love making a difference as an Occupational Therapist?
The Benevolent Society has an opportunity for an occupational therapist to join our multi-disciplinary disability services team. The role will support clients, working flexibly to offer services in client homes, community settings and our office at Liverpool 2170.
As Australia's first charity, we've been supporting people with a disability, children, families, older peoples and carers since 1813. Not-for-profit and non-religious, we have a vision of a just society where everyone can live their best life and a 200+ year track record of fighting for social justice. We deliver on our vision through a progressive, talented multi-disciplinary team of over 1,300 staff; supporting over 40,000 people each year in five States and Territories. Our team live and breathe our values every day - integrity, respect, collaboration, effectiveness and optimism.
Why work with us?
We support people to live their best life. That includes you! You might be interested in:
- Access to great professional development including fortnightly individual clinical supervision (more for new graduates), monthly Communities of Practice, and a range of other learning opportunities tailored to you
- Working in a truly multi-disciplinary team of OTs, Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Psychologists and Support Coordinators to deliver outcomes for clients
- Strong career advancement including annual selection process for Senior practitioner roles, management pathways, and transfer and secondment opportunities across TBS programs and locations
- Flexible working conditions with part-time and remote working arrangements supported and mobile working tools supplied
- A focus on work / life balance with access to monthly Accrued Days Off, up to two weeks additional purchased annual leave each year, and access to long service leave after five years
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year, employee discount program including gyms/fitness centres, and novated car leases.
- Realistic performance targets with lots of support as you build your caseload and experience.
Who are we looking for?
We want to speak to Occupational therapist who are:
- Passionate about supporting people with a disability to achieve their goals
- Honest and who carry out their role with integrity and demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation
- Experienced in applying evidence-based practice frameworks to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate clinical supports
- Able to work in a flexible, person-centred and strengths-based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs
- Collaborative team players, willing to contribute to our friendly and supportive culture
- Currently registered with AHPRA
- Current driver's licence (cars provided)
We are open to applications from experienced OTs, those with less experience and new graduates, those with disability experience and without, so get in touch to have a chat today.
Are you ready to build your best life? Apply below today!
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.