- Identified Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander role
- Full time position based in Hurstville
- $85k - $91k + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
Your new role
The Benevolent Society (TBS) is seeking two experienced and passionate First Nations Partnership Development Officer (Identified) roles to build genuine and trusted partnerships with First Nations organisations, communities and leaders across the Sydney metropolitan and Illawarra regions.
The First Nations Partnership Development Officer will work within the Carer Gateway team, and in collaboration with the Business Development and Partnerships team, to support increased understanding of and access to the Carer Gateway and other services provided by The Benevolent Society for First Nations people in the Sydney and Illawarra regions.
The positions will support the development of networks in targeted communities through a variety of activities including:
- Coordinate and attend meetings with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Organisations
- Attend local interagency meetings, networks and community partner events
- Facilitate community consultation and advise on the development of culturally appropriate information
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
What we need from you
- Demonstrated relationships with community and business leaders in the Sydney and/or Illawarra regions.
- Recognition from within the community as a respected, culturally safe person
- Demonstrated experience in First Nations partnerships and track record of development and achievement of successful partnerships outcomes
- Has the ability to develop effective new networks and productive relationships with community, organisations, agencies, government, and other stakeholders.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with the capability to motivate and engage stakeholders
- Current driver’s licence.
Apply today or contact Tarsha Jones on 0478 333 171 for a confidential discussion
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we walk alongside. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.