- Full time (12 month contract with possible extension) opportunity based in Loganholme
- $39.04ph - $42ph + Super + Salary packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
Our Intensive Family Support program offers voluntary in home family support to families who are at risk of entering or re – entering the Child Protection System. Through case management and effective relationship building, we aim to strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect.
Your new role:
As our Case Manager, you will engage and provide intensive support to at risk families to help them make positive choices in their parenting.
- Use your practice framework as well as Structured Decision Making tools in your everyday practice
- Undertake an initial assessment of a family’s strengths and needs
- Develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks and increase the family’s functioning.
- Work closely with statutory child protection services and other statutory and community services to help support families to shape their next chapter and further strengthen their family
Some of the benefits we offer
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- fitness passport + purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
What you need to succeed?
Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Services field required:
- Two years relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Experience managing complex cases & working with children, young people and their families who are either at risk of entering or who have had involvement with the child protection system
- Undertaking risk assessments, and developing and implementing effective case plans for children, youth and their families.
- Working in a strengths based resilience framework to achieve lasting change
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use technology in service delivery
- Ability to work unsupervised and remotely
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- Enthusiasm and commitment to developing and supporting a positive team culture and work environment
- A Current Drivers Licence
Interested? Apply online today!
*Internally this role is called a Child and Family Practitioner
Call Kylie Holmes on 0479 181 886 or Karen Davies on 0411 547 742 for more information.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.