- Part time position (4 days a week) based in Glebe, NSW (National Office)
- TRP $115k pro rata
- Flexible friendly organisation With mobile tools provided to support you to work remotely
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation that assists people, families and communities to achieve positive change since 1813.
Your new role
As our Media and Communications Specialist, you will ensure our messages are consistent, engaging and aligned with The Benevolent Society's strategic objectives. Reporting to the Manager, Media and Communications, your key areas of focus will include:
- Proactive and reactive media relations
- Working with key stakeholders to develop compelling stories about The Benevolent Society that drive positive and consistent media coverage
- Produce communications content, with an emphasis on media releases, statements, media pitch documents, opinion editorials and blogs
- Provide interview counsel and briefings to media spokespeople
- Media monitoring and results reporting
What you need to be successful:
As an experienced Media and Communications Specialist, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in media, public relations, communications or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years media & communications experience in a PR agency or medium to large organisation
- A self-starter with an ability to find news angles and develop compelling narratives and media pitches
- Excellent written skills for different media channels and great attention to detail and excellent time management
- Good understanding of digital communication tools/channels with an understanding of contemporary trends in media and implications for practice
Some of our benefits:
- Salary Benefits - Salary package $15,900 pa + $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years +
- Wellness- fitness passport + purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Apply below to join our team.
For enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.