- Ongoing Full-time position with location flexibility across Logan or Milton, QLD. As a flexible friendly organisation, we can also consider part time (4 days, 32 hours p/w) arrangements.
- $33.68ph - $36.11ph + Super + Salary Packaging
- You will benefit from a comprehensive 6-month induction to fully orientate to your role
The Benevolent Society is a Partner in the Community for the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and are adding additional Child Development Specialists to our growing Early Childhood Approach (ECA) team.
You will work in partnership with families and early childhood services to gather information on their child’s development. You will support families to develop, understand and implement their child’s NDIS plans. As an evolving scheme, the NDIS environment can be dynamic and fast-paced, so an openness and resilience to change will set you up for success in this role.
- Meeting with families virtually, over the phone or face to face, to gather information on their child’s development and current supports. You will work in partnership with the family to develop goals, with a focus on participant and engagement across the child’s natural environments to promote meaningful change.
- The role entails a large proportion of report writing, therefore good written communication and proficient technology skills are essential.
- Collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to provide comprehensive, consistent and timely early childhood supports for participants.
- Interpreting Legislation and applying this to the role with support from colleagues, Senior Practitioners and Team Leaders.
What you'll bring
- A qualification (or working towards a qualification) in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or other relevant Health or Human Service qualifications.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience of early childhood curricula, learning frameworks and child development
- Experience working with and supporting vulnerable children and their families to develop individual early intervention plans in consultation with them.
- Great interpersonal communication skills and the ability to quickly develop rapport with children and their families.
- A current driver’s licence and eligibility for a Blue Card/NDIS Workers Screening Card
Why this is the right opportunity for you:
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Relocate and cover your costs through your salary package! Visit our Careers page to find out more
- Tools and resources – Access to pool cars + laptop & phone provided to allow you to work remotely
- Salary Benefits - Salary package $15,900 pa, $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program + packaged vehicles + purchase additional leave!
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards, Long service leave after 5 years!
- Multidisciplinary team - Work alongside Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Early Childhood Teachers
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- We’re a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation helping Australians for over 200 years
- We offer support to people at all stages of life; children, families, people with a disability and older Australian’s
- Our advocacy work resulted in free legal aid, end to child labour, innovative service delivery and funding models
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Georgia Bingham on 0428 790 258 or Tanya Harris on 0478 283 953 for more details about the role.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.