- 12 month full time position based in Glebe, NSW
- $33.68ph - $36.11ph + Super + Salary Packaging
- Dynamic role where no two days are the same!
Our Carer Gateway is a federally funded program that provides carers (someone who cares for a friend, family member or loved one) with information, support, counselling, and coaching.We advocate for consumers, their Carers and families to enable choice and decision making that supports independence and quality of life. As a Community Services Consultant, you will be the first point of contact for people wanting to access support services.
- Use technology based solutions to connect with customers to complete initial assessments that identify needs, preferences, goals and eligibility
- Listen empathetically to understand the person's needs, provide them with relevant information and connect them to the appropriate services
- Passionate about people getting the support they need and can build rapport easily
- Recognise the importance of accurate intake and referral information to connect people to the right services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Certificate III or IV or a Diploma In aged care, community care, disability services, community services or related area such as psychology/counselling/mental health or social work will be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the sector and Australian Government funding bodies (NDIS, My Aged Care, child & family services) will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience working in health or community services and call centres is preferable
- Technologically savvy with the ability to navigate across multiple computer systems, and multitask effectively in high stress situations essential
Why is this opportunity right for you?
- Salary Benefits - Salary package $15,900pa + $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements + laptop & mobile provided to work remotely + purchase 2 weeks additional leave per year
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees + fitness passport
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
Contact Aash on 0422 038 386 to discuss this role further.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.