- Full time position based in Hurstville
- $39.04ph - $42.00ph +Super +Salary Packaging
- Flexible friendly organisation supporting a healthy work/life balance
Our Child & Family Services strengthens families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
You will engage and support families at risk make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- 2+ years experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of motivation, professional accountability, integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
We provide a high degree of flexibility and are looking for outstanding professionals to join our team - part-time roles may be offered to suitable applicants. Please let us know in your application if you are interested in a part-time position.
- Salary Benefits - Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card, discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangement, purchased leave
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards, Long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- 1 accrued day off a month and access to special Covid-19 leave for vaccinations or in cases where your personal leave has run out
- Job Security- long term growth and development are strongly encouraged and supported.
- Click for more of our benefits https://www.benevolent.org.au/careers
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Melina on 0435 273 685 to discuss the role in more detail.
*Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.