- Full time permanent position based in Liverpool, NSW
- $39.04ph - $42.00ph + Super + Salary Packaging
- Mobile phone and laptop provided to you to work flexibly
Be there, when that moment comes-
At The Benevolent Society, we put people first and work together as one to meet our vision of a just society where all Australians can live their best life.
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
The Brighter Futures program delivers targeted, voluntary child protection services to families with children who are at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system. The program aims to reduce risks and strengthen families to reduce the number of children entering Out of Home Care.
About the roles:
Partnering with a small number of at risk families, you will undertake an initial assessment of the family’s strengths and needs. Your case plans will empower families to make lasting change, build upon their resilience to reduce the risk of significant harm and make referrals to appropriate networks.
As our Case Worker/Social Worker, you will work as part of a specialist multidisciplinary team!
Some of our benefits:
- Salary Benefits- $15,900 tax free salary packaging + additional meals and entertainment card + discount programs and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance- Flexible work arrangements + purchased leave of an additional two weeks available!
- Recognition and Reward -Recognition reward for service from 12 months onwards + Long service leave after 5 years + internal recognition programs and rewards!
- Wellness- Positive workplace culture + one accrued day off a month and access to special COVID19 leave for vaccinations or in cases where your personal leave has run out.
- Job security - At the Benevolent Society we offer ongoing learning, training and career progression.
- Click for more of our benefitshttps://www.benevolent.org.au/careers
What you need to succeed?
As a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist or Case Worker, you will have-
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
- Experience in Child Protection or Out of Home Care, engaging at risk families using a strengths-based approach
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires further interventions
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- To use technology in service delivery
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working with local Aboriginal communities
- Have a firm understanding of case management principles
- Experience in assessing and reporting children at risk of significant harm
- Outstanding time management and have the ability to work autonomously to achieve outcomes for children and families.
- Finally you must believe every parent has potential!
Apply below to join our team and be there when that moment comes.
Call Christine Smith on 0434 923 824 for a confidential discussion.
*Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner