- Full time position based in Liverpool
- $39.04ph - $42.00ph + Super + Salary Packaging
- Supervision and peer support to help you settle in and thrive!
We are Australia’s oldest charity, providing a range of services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation that has assisted people, families and communities to achieve positive change since 1813.
Our Child & Family Services provide intensive family support within the Child Protection system to strengthen families and decrease any risks to children, reducing the numbers of children entering Out of Home Care.
Your new role:
You will undertake an assessment of family strengths, needs and desired outcomes, create a case plan and link them with appropriate networks. You will honour, respect and incorporate children and families culture in all aspects of practice and service delivery.You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
What you need to succeed?
You will have experience working with at risk children and families within the community services sector and:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria MUST be submitted along with your application in order to be considered.
- Be recognised within the community as a respected, culturally safe person
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare or Psychology or related discipline is highly desirable
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
- Please ensure you have read and understand our attached Position Profile
- Salary Benefits - Salary package $15,900 pa + $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program + package a brand new car or novated leases available!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements + purchase 2 weeks additional leave per year
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees + fitness passport
- Professional development with ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Interested? Apply online today or contact Dimitra Kouta at Dimitra.email@example.com
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.