Love making a difference as an Occupational Therapist?
The Benevolent Society has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our multidisciplinary disability services team.
We are seeking an occupational therapist to join our multidisciplinary disability services team and support clients in Port Pirie 5540 - working flexibly to offer services in client homes, community settings and at our offices.
Full-time and part-time can be considered.
Full relocation assistance will be provided if you need it.
What Does TBS Offer
We support people to live their best life and our tagline ‘Your life. Your way.’ summarises our perspective. This also refers to you!
Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Competitive remuneration with full relocation assistance provided and salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year, as well as significant employee discount programs including car leasing and household goods.
- A focus on work / life balance with flexible working conditions and mobile working tools supplied.
- Strong career advancement, including annual selection process for Senior practitioner roles
- A "Community of Practice" model, with clinical supervision and supported continued professional development within a truly multidisciplinary allied health team of Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Psychologists and Support Coordinators as well as Occupational Therapists.
- A robust clinical practice approach with a varied caseload from children to adults through a range of disability programs, state education departments and other government programs.
- Strong referral networks allowing you to focus on what you do best – support clients
We also have opportunities for Senior Practitioners, and for graduate Occupational Therapists to come on as Allied Health Assistants to get the work experience and the support to get their Practitioner registrations.
You are passionate about supporting people with a disability and bring your skills to achieve their goals.
With a client focus you can;
- Provide a range of assessments including sensory, functionality, motion and growth
- Coordinate the delivery of occupational therapy services to assess, diagnose and treat clients
- Conduct assessments and work with other practitioners and clients to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the client plan as appropriate
- Document and create reports on client services using technology and paper-based systems in a timely and clear way.
You will have;
- Current registration with AHPRA and an understanding of the NDIS
- Experience in applying evidence-based frameworks and delivering clinical supports
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport with people
- Willingness to contribute to and develop your professional skills through our internal practice communities
- A current Australian driver’s license with ability to travel in the community (cars provided)
- A desire to make a difference to the lives of clients and treat all people with respect
This role would suit any who have a desire to work in a flexible and supportive environment while having clear opportunities for continued and supported career progression.
Supporting Australians since 1813.
At The Benevolent Society we believe that all Australians deserve to live life their way which is why we’ve always been at the forefront of social change. We provide support services to children, young people and families, older Australians, carers, and people with disability to enable people to live life on their terms.
Employing over 1,300 staff, we support more than 40,000 individuals across five states and territories each year.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link.
Please keep an eye on your junk/spam email folder for email communications!