Supporting Australians since 1813 – At The Benevolent Society we believe that all Australians deserve to live life their way which is why we’ve always been at the forefront of social change. We provide support services to children, young people and families, older Australians, carers, and people with disability to enable people to live life on their terms.
We are currently seeking a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our established team in Wollongong. You will support children and adults to participate fully in life by providing high quality, culturally appropriate behaviour support services to people with a disability who have a specific support need. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Support Coordinators, Occupational Therapists and other Behaviour Support Practitioners.
Who are you?
You take pride in serving clients with varied and complex needs. You are an expert when it comes to implementing evidence based behavioural support services for clients within their NDIS plan. You are responsible for assessment, planning, monitoring and review of client outcomes. You thrive in a flexible, person-centred and strengths-based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs.
What’s in it for you?
We support people to live their best life and our tagline ‘Your life. Your way.’ summarises our perspective. This also refers to you, our employee. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Access to great professional development including fortnightly individual clinical supervision (more for new graduates), monthly Communities of Practice, and a range of other learning opportunities tailored to you
- Supporting a diverse range of clients from children to adults, through our range of disability programs funded by the NDIS, state education departments and other government programs
- Working in a truly multi-disciplinary team of OTs, Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Psychologists and Support Coordinators to deliver outcomes for clients
- Strong career advancement including annual selection process for Senior practitioner roles, management pathways, and transfer and secondment opportunities across TBS programs and locations
- Flexible working conditions with part-time and remote working arrangements supported and mobile working tools supplied
- A focus on work / life balance with access to monthly Accrued Days Off, up to two weeks additional purchased annual leave each year, and access to long service leave after five years
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year, employee discount program including gyms/fitness centres, and novated car leases.
- Realistic performance targets with lots of support as you build your caseload and experience.
What do you need for success?
We want you to be successful in your new role. This role suits you if you have:
- A degree in relevant field (desirable but not essential)
- 2 years’ experience in the delivery of positive behaviour support services to children, young people and people with intellectual disabilities
- An ability to communicate and appropriately respond to needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Keenness to work within a client centric approach while maintaining a positive mindset
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and connect to peers using technology
- An ability to provide a service, based on a client’s NDIS goals and funding allocation
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Current driver’s licence and willingness/ability to travel to clients (cars provided)
If you want to be part of an amazing team and ready to build your best life? Apply online today!
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.