- 12 month maternity leave contract position based in Campbelltown & Camden LGA until 30th June 2023. $39.04ph + Super + Salary packaging.
- We are a flexible friendly organisation with part time hours considered
- Pool cars available + laptop and phone provided to support you to work remotely
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Ageing and Child, youth and Family services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation that has assisted people, families and communities to achieve positive change since 1813.
Our Families in Focus Program supports families through supported playgroups, transition to school and afterschool mentoring programs, with the aim to increase community engagement.
In your new role you will
- Undertake assessments to develop and implement family support plans
- Support families and young people through case collaboration support, including referrals and advocacy.
- Develop and facilitate or co-facilitate supported playgroups, transition to school programs, parent groups and workshops relating to service delivery
- Coordinate with service providers including government departments and agencies, schools, health services, GP’s and allied health providers to ensure services are delivered
- Work in collaboration with your Team Leader to make child protection reports and submit them to the child protection helpline when there is an identifiable risk
What you need to succeed?
Degree qualified in Social Work, Community Welfare or similar and:
- At least 12 months case management experience working with children and families with complex needs including experience undertaking comprehensive risk assessments
- Clear understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse
(CALD), and gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) communities
- Good written and verbal communication skills and drivers licence
- Experience in program planning for children 0-12 years with a focus on social and emotional intelligence, delivered in a variety of settings including the community and Education System
Some of the benefits we offer
- Salary Benefits - Salary package $15,900 pa + $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- fitness passport + purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Kristy Organ on 0420 959 675 for a confidential discussion.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.