Supporting Australians since 1813 – At The Benevolent Society we believe that all Australians deserve to live life their way which is why we’ve always been at the forefront of social change. We provide support services to children, young people and families, older Australians, carers, and people with disability to enable people to live life on their terms.
We are seeking Speech Pathologists to join our team in Tamworth 2340 - working flexibly to offer services in client homes, community settings and our offices. This is an exciting and varied ongoing full time role and you will be part of a team of vibrant allied health professionals.
What does TBS offer?
We support people to live their best life and our tagline ‘Your life. Your way.’ summarises our perspective. This also refers to you, our employee. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year, employee discount program including gyms/fitness centres, and novated car leases.
- Flexible working conditions with part-time and remote working arrangements supported and mobile working tools supplied
- A focus on work / life balance with access to monthly Accrued Days Off, up to two weeks additional purchased annual leave each year, and access to long service leave after five years
- Access to great professional development including fortnightly individual clinical supervision (more for new graduates), monthly Communities of Practice, and a range of other learning opportunities tailored to you
- Strong career advancement including annual selection process for Senior practitioner roles, management pathways, and transfer and secondment opportunities across TBS programs and locations
- Working in a truly multi-disciplinary team of OTs, Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Psychologists and Support Coordinators to deliver outcomes for clients
- Supporting a diverse range of clients from children to adults, through our range of disability programs funded by the NDIS, state education departments and other government programs
- Realistic performance targets with lots of support as you build your caseload and experience.
Being an experienced Speech Pathologist or someone with less experience or a new graduate, you are passionate about supporting people with a disability and bring your skills to achieve their goals. You thrive in a flexible, person-centred and strengths-based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs You demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation. You are super keen to contribute to our friendly and supportive culture.
What do you need for success?
We want you to be successful in your new role. This role suits you if you have:
- Current registration with Speech Pathology Australia and knowledge of NDIS
- An ability to work in a flexible, person-centred and strengths based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs
- Experience in applying evidence-based practice frameworks to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate clinical supports
- Willingness to contribute to and develop your professional skills through our internal practice communities
- Great communication skills to produce quality written work
- Current driver's licence (cars provided) and willingness to travel to clients
Sounds like you?
If you want to be part of an amazing team and ready to build your best life? Apply online today!
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.