Are you seeking a rewarding position supporting some of the most vulnerable in our community? Are wanting a meaningful role with continued professional development and progression? Join The Benevolent Society’s team in Murray Briday SA and live your best life supporting children and young people!
Our Resilient Families Program provides intensive family support within the Child Protection system to strengthen families and decrease risks to children, thus reducing the numbers of children entering Out of Home Care.
Child & Family Practitioners play a critical role in working intensively with families and children from vulnerable backgrounds. Working with a range of clients and using strength-based frameworks, the Child & Family Practitioner undertakes comprehensive assessments to develop, implement and monitor client plans to deliver safety, security and stability while maintaining connections with birth families and culture. You will provide intensive case management including in-home practical and therapeutic support from an evidence informed, resilience led approach
As a Child & Family Practitioner you will be responsible for;
- Partnering with a range of stakeholders including children, young people, and carers, using appropriate assessment and risk minimisation processes
- Working with clients to identify areas of strengths and risks, ensuring children and young people have a voice in the process
- Coordinating with a range of other service providers to deliver support to deliver positive client outcomes.
This role does involve travel to ensure the delivery.
What’s on Offer
- A robust clinical practice approach with a focus on evidence informed in-home practical and therapeutic support
- An autonomous role working within a highly supportive team to continually develop your skills and abilities.
- Strong career advancement within a national and well regarded organisation.
- Highly flexible working conditions to find that work-life-balance.
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year as well as employee discount programs that include gyms and novated car leases.
Relocation assistance is available for those candidates looking to relocate to an exciting new role!
With a client focused approach, you will have;
- Degree qualifications within social work, early childhood, psychology or similar field
- Minimum 3 years' experience in case management and working with at risk children, young people and families in a child protection focused role.
- A comprehensive understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities and how this may impact effect child behavior and development
- An ability to effectively engage and communicate with a range of stakeholders using both written and verbal platforms.
Please note that the ability to work flexible hours (such as evenings) and weekends is required for this role.
This role would suit any who have a desire to work in a flexible and supportive environment while having clear opportunities for continued and supported career progression.
The Benevolent Society (TBS) is Australia’s oldest charity and has been supporting people with a disability, children, families, older peoples, and carers since 1813. Not-for-profit and non-religious, their vision is for a just society where everyone can live their best life. They have a 200+ year track record of fighting for social justice. Employing over 1,100 staff, TBS support more than 40,000 individuals across Australia each year.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link. Please note all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Upon submitting your application, please remember to keep an eye across your junk/spam email folder for email communications!