Supporting Australians since 1813 – At The Benevolent Society we believe that all Australians deserve to live life their way which is why we’ve always been at the forefront of social change. We provide support services to children, young people and families, older Australians, carers, and people with disability to enable people to live life on their terms.
We provide services in line with NDIS funding. Your role is responsible for supporting Allied Health Professionals to deliver therapy services and to implement therapy plans that enable children and adults of all ages to achieve their goals. This is a part time position based in Port Macquarie.
Who are you?
You may be an experienced Allied Health Assistant, someone with less experience or a new graduate. You are passionate about supporting people with a disability, and bring your skills to achieve their goals. You thrive in a flexible, person-centred and strengths-based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs You demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation. You are super keen to contribute to our friendly and supportive culture. You are self-motivated, show initiative, and can work both independently and collaboratively with your team colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
We support people to live their best life and our tagline ‘Your life. Your way.’ summarises our perspective. This also refers to you, our employee. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- We set you up for success with a buddy and a structured orientation program
- We give you opportunities to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program are available
What do you need for success?
We want you to be successful in your new role. This role suits you if you have:
- NDIS workers screening check
- Compliant with NSW Health regulation for working with vulnerable clients
- Current criminal record Check
- Current working with children check
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or similar or studying towards a degree in a related field (OT, SP, PT)
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities and/or clients with complex needs with a client focused approach
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people of different ages and differing backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to create clear, understandable client records using technology based systems
- Ability to manage own time and competing priorities
- Current driver’s license and ability to travel to clients
Sounds like you?
If you want to be part of an amazing team and ready to build your best life? Apply online today!
Call Annette on 0401 673 953 to discuss more about the role.