At The Benevolent Society (TBS), we believe in a world where everyone can live their best life. We are a Not-for -Profit and non-religious organisation that has helped people, families and communities achieve positive change since 1813.
An Exciting Opportunity …
This hands-on position in our IT team will lead and manage the successful design of TBS’ integrated service delivery initiatives which will help TBS deliver greater value to clients and become more competitive as an overall service provider.
This re-defined role will identify and deliver process improvements and efficiency through the revision of IT systems and organisational services. In addition, the role will help in implementing the business strategy and deliver analytical and solution insights across TBS.
Overtime the role aims to reduce the dependency and costs on vendors for support by developing solutions or alternative practices in house.
- Lead and mentor the Business Solutions Team
- Lead and manage change through recommended improvements to existing business processes, practices, procedures, and information systems
- Develop and manage business cases for the IT strategy, requirements specifications and feasibility studies
- Provide a high level of expertise in establishing and documenting requirements through a range of research and analysis techniques
- Planning, workshop facilitation, identification, documentation, review, and analysis to produce business cases, proposals, business processes (as-is and to-be)
- Drive ultimate utilization, faster adoption and higher proficiency on change impacted on staff in the organization for the strategy to be achieved
- Manage, develop, document and store specialist technical knowledge for all enterprise IT services
- Maintain and oversee the IT Capital budget for IT initiatives as part of the IT strategy
- Oversee and drive the IT Architecture council across all services in the business
- Ensure compliance is achieved with IT policies (i.e. change management, IT security standards, data governance)
- Identify IT capability and capacity requirements of the strategy, and ensure plans to deliver that capability and capacity are in place and effectively implemented
- Lead and manage the ongoing development, planning and implementation of new and enhanced business applications into the IT environment necessary to support TBS’s technology and systems capacity, and consistency with the IT strategic plan
About You ….
- Tertiary certification or equivalent experience with organisational change management and business process improvement / re-engineering experience
- Strong experience and a good working knowledge of PaaS and SaaS
- Ability to put in place structure and processes to manage the efficient use of resources across both business as usual as well as implementations
- Capability to produce consistent and ‘easy to repeat’ management reports on the status of all strategic initiatives.
- Ability to create compounding business value through the creation of solid requirements for solutions
- Working knowledge of document and knowledge management disciplines, methodologies and solutions.
- Ability to manage and provide guidance on strategic development issues across business initiatives
- Dealing with situations holistically, works with minimal direction on complex tasks, collaborates effectively as part of a team and clearly represents consolidated findings after considered analysis
- Gravitas and influence to build coalition of support, especially with senior leadership and managers, for capability building and technical change management initiatives
- Ability to handle pressure and ambiguity
- Strong commitment to achieving personal and career goals
- Proven capability to liaise, negotiate and lead all critical vendor relationships
- Ability to form strong working relationships with upstream and downstream teams
- High-level self-confidence, personal integrity and a willingness to work within the ethos of The Benevolent Society and the values of TBS
- A background in the not-for-profit sector or similar type of organisation with scale and diversity of operations – preferred but not essential
Some of the Benefits from Working with TBS …..
- Access to purchased leave immediately and long service leave after 5 years!
- Salary packaging for NFP available.
- Flexible work arrangements.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members. If you identify as a person with a disability, please contact us about any adjustments you need.
As a child safe and child friendly organisation The Benevolent Society (TBS) is committed to upholding the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people that access our services. Every child and young person has the right to feel safe and be safe from physical, emotional, psychological, sexual and cultural abuse and neglect.
For enquiries email ali.Iranzadi@benevolent.org.au. Closing date is 4 February, 2022.
Join our passionate team and make a real difference