Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Family and Child Connect is a community based intake and referral service, established across Queensland to support families who are at risk of entering or re-entering the child protection system and to help families to care for and protect their children at home.
Our Family and Child Connect program has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team covering the Logan catchment, office located in Loganholme.
The role will provide quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect Service, through assessment, information and advice, recommendations and referrals to appropriate support services. You will engage with referrers and families, complete initial assessments over the phone and in client homes to support at risk families to access appropriate supports to improve family functioning and child wellbeing.
Who’s the team?
We are a multidisciplinary team with a supportive Team Leader and Manager
We are committed to high quality work and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- We support you to work flexibly; other hubs/flexible hours-FaCC operation hours are between 8:30am-5:30pm-Monday-Friday
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self-care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave available
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have:
- Experience and demonstrated capacity to build rapport in a short time frame
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant bachelor degree qualification and current driver’s license
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar field
- Strong time management and organisational skills-ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Strong assessment skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Internally this position is called Child and Family Practitioner.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check
Interested? Apply online today!
If you require additional information, please contact Crystal Wheeler on Crystal.Wheeler@benevolent.org.au
Closing date: 3.12.2021