We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Your new role
This leadership role sits across Fostering Young Lives program. Your aim is to ensure your team are positioned to provide maximises outcomes for children who’ve had a tough start in life.
You will provide clear focused leadership, professional supervision and being available to your team. You can leveraging our Practice Support team to ensure your team have the practice capability and cultural awareness to effectively support children, their carers and birth families. You will partner with DCJ and other stakeholders to improve outcomes for each child in line with OCG standards.
If you would like to be part of a team that effects changes in the lives of the children and young persons that we work with then this may be the role for you
Terms: This is a 12 months contract position based in Hurstville.
Why this opportunity is right for you?
- You’re passionate about developing services, and the people in them, to optimise outcomes for children
- Packaged vehicle
- Salary packaging and discount program
- Fully mobile workforce; tools & support to work remotely or from our new hubs
- Monthly accrued day off & the chance to purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Coordinator, Team Leader or Manager you will have
- Track record leading child protection and/or out of home care services to improve client services and outcomes
- People leadership experience with the ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Good management skills including troubleshooting, managing multiple deadlines and conflict resolution
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, decision making and manage balancing priorities
- Working in a collaborative, cross functional way with teams, peers and stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Amy Johnson on 0406 383 425 to discuss the role in more detail.