Looking for a flexible new career opportunity in health care? Well say no more because aged care is where the heart is!
We are seeking passionate home care workers to provide support to older clients living in the community, helping to maintain their independence and improving their quality of life.
The Benevolent Society is the oldest charity in Australia with our foundation stretching back to 1813. Our history reflects a passion for helping people live life their way and we remain committed to pursuing this.
With our belief that everyone deserves to live their life their way, combined with our principles and values, we are guided to reach our vision and leave a positive impact on the lives of our clients and their carers, and help to build stronger communities.
We are seeking passionate and committed individuals to help continue to realise these goals and strive to assist our clients to maintain their independence through a devotion to every individual’s right to continued wellbeing and happiness.
What type of services would I be providing?:
- In home personal care, daily living assistance including showering, personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, laundry & ironing
- Providing care in accordance with their individualised Care Plan
- Supporting with community based recreational and social activities
- Transportation and assistance with shopping and appointments
What are the benefits of working with The Benevolent Society?:
- Above award pay rates
- Salary packaging
- Option to purchase 2 additional weeks’ annual leave each year
- Paid travel time between clients
- Pro rata long service leave after 5 years of continuous service
What you need to succeed:
- You will be passionate about assisting older people to remain independent and have:
- Great people skills to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- Reliable and committed to provide quality care to ensure our clients remain living in their own home
- A current driver’s license, your own vehicle and a willingness to travel to client homes within the area
- Flexible working hours
- A flexible working approach in offering choice to our clients
- Certificate 3, 4 or diploma in Aged Care, Home Care, Disability or similar
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Robin Arbuckle on 0481 064 105 to discuss the role in more detail.
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).