- Bring talent and recruitment to the forefront
- True business partner
- Flexible work – let’s talk
The Benevolent Society provides services for children and young people, families, older Australians, carer’s, and people with disability that enable people to live their best life.
The role focuses on designing a range of talent and development strategies to make sure The Benevolent Society has the people in place to deliver on our strategy and vision, now and in the future. Our goal is to have The Benevolent Society recognised as a Great Place to Work!
Varied in focus, you might be working with business leaders to identify skills and competency gaps, planning recruitment for new programs and services, executing resourcing plans that embed diversity and inclusion in our talent brand, developing the Aboriginal employment strategy or improving onboarding. We’re also rolling out an innovative recruitment partnership with Orchard Talent and you’ll be key to making that a success!
You have experience leading a small team. Your background might be in community services, but that’s not essential. A strong interest in the sector and plenty of curiosity to know more will get you through. Business focused, you can design and implement programs that support the development of talent pools and drive best practice recruitment.
You understand relationships are key in your line of work. With organisational leaders, with agencies, and with candidates.
Importantly you’re a generalist. You’re keen to be involved in both hands on recruitment and support the development of a range of exciting projects and initiatives.
The roles sits in the People and Organisational Development team and reports to the HR Director.
This has been scoped as a full-time role, but everyone is going to bring a different mix of experience. If you feel you can deliver part-time, let’s chat about how that could work for both of us.
Some of the benefits we offer
- Salary packaging (if you’ve never worked for a charity, visit www.accesspay.com.au to find out more about how this benefit works),
- Discounts on everyday purchases,
- Purchase up to 10 extra days of leave,
- Flexible work and work from home options.
What you need to succeed?
Let’s set you up for success. The Position Profile for this role contains more information.
- A degree would be great, but solid experience in a similar role is just as valuable.
- Experience leading a small team in a high-volume environment, preferably with a focus on community services or healthcare.
- Ability to design and communicate systems and processes.
- Experience designing and/or maintaining programs that support the development of talent pools would be an advantage.
- The gravitas to form respected working relationships.
- Ability to use social media and other sourcing channels to find great people and start a conversation.
- Great relationship management skills with the ability to quickly build effective relationships.
- A passion to create a great candidate experience. People deserve better!
- The ability to take on projects.
Interested? Apply online today!
If you’d like to chat about the role, please call Emma Mears, Acting HR Director, People and Organisational Development on 0418825176.