Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
The Brighter Futures program delivers targeted, voluntary child protection services to families with children who are at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system. The program aims to reduce risks and strengthen families to reduce the number of children entering Out of Home Care.
About these roles:
You will undertake an initial assessment of the family’s strengths and needs. Your case plans will empower families to make lasting change, build upon their resilience to reduce the risk of significant harm and make referrals to appropriate networks.
As our Case Worker, you will work as part of a specialist multidisciplinary team based in our Muswellbrook hub.
This is a Full time permanent role based in Muswellbrook, NSW.
Some of our benefits:
- Mobile work environment inc tablet & mobile
- Generous leave options
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging available
- Novated leases and pool cars available
- Ongoing professional development inc inhouse practice training
- Above award rates. Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
What you need to succeed?
As a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist or Case Worker, you will have a tertiary qualification and
- Experience in Child Protection or Out of Home Care engaging at risk families using a strengths based approach
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires statutory child protection intervention
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working with the local Aboriginal communities
- Finally you must believe every parent has potential
- Experience in assessing and reporting children at risk of harm
- Good time management
- Must be able to work autonomously to achieve desired outcome for the Families they will be supporting
Apply below to join our team and be there when that moment comes.
Call Tara Young on 0418 418 281 for a confidential discussion.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.